[Week 02] — Solving Bugs!¶
Solving bugs for eternity!
To those who have been my blog, it would have been a bit surprising for them for getting this blog-post a bit late. This has been a result of hectic work schedule and a little bit of procastination :P
This blog-post sums up my work for the second week of Google Summer of Code 2019.
Telecon with my mentor¶
As I might have mentioned(or maybe not), but my other mentor,
@DanRyanIrish, was away for a while now, and after discussing with
him, we managed to set up a time-slot for a telecon, for getting him
updated with my work.
The main points that we discussed were, getting this
#PR176 merged. We also
discussed, the progress of the main PR for the project, and how much did
I make progress. I went through my
PR, and discussed a few
points about how I refactored the existing methods, and briefly
explained my understanding. Code reviews are necessary, and after
Dan we decided to change the logic of some part of
As I had completed most of the tasks for this week, we agreed to start
the closed PR. This PR
helped in writing a
FITS file from a
NDCube object. I had
started contributing to
NDCube with this PR, most of the work had
been completed. I had to rebase and write the tests and docs.
Completing the tasks¶
Throughout this week, I had another discussion with my mentor
who helped me in understanding the code of
plotting. The #PR176 was
failing some tests, which were part of the plotting of
NDCube objects. I had earlier skimmed through the code of plotting
but still found understanding the code of plotting quite complex.
Dan helped me in understanding the flow of code in plotting, and it
helped me in fast-tracking my work with plotting. Refactoring the tests
were much easier, though repetitive. Though the real happiness lies,
when all the tests pass, and there is a green color message, signaling
that all of your tests have passed.
Thoughts for the next week¶
With most of the tasks completed for refactoring
NDCube with APE14
methods, it was now clear for me to take on the second stage of my
Slicing of NDCube. Slicing by far was presumed by my
@Cadair as the most complex part of the project. I was
apprised by him about how the slicing can take most of the time of the
project, so I was rather aware of that. I am planning to start playing
with the slicing, and how it used to work for
NDCube earlier, and
how the behavior changes with APE14 changes. This should take a fair
amount of time, so I would hope that this gets completed within a
reasonable amount of time.
Link to my previous post¶
[Week 01] — Getting Stuff Done! — Link
Until the next blog-post, ciao-adios!
Commentscomments powered by Disqus